Monday, January 17, 2011

Mary's mind

Since visiting Nazareth and where Mary grew up, I have felt a lot closer to Our Lady, the Blessed Mother. She totally gave herself to her Lord when she said yes to the Father's call.  She bore our Savior, but not without tremendous cost.  She could have been stoned in those days for being pregnant without being married.  Even her fiance deserted her, and "rightly" so.  He was so hurt and wounded by her pregnancy that he knew was not of him.  But he obeyed as Mary did, and listened and obeyed God's messenger.  I have completely abandoned my will for God's will.  I want what Mary wanted-- complete unquestionable trust.  So, Lord, whatever you will have me do to be obedient, I ask you for that gift.  Thank you Jesus for all the people you put in my life who are your messengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment