Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Change in prayer

As I have grown in my spiritual life through study of scripture and prayer, the Lord has given me a new insight recently.  I have been impatient and hurt by God because, although scripture says God will give us our heart's  desire, it is not happening for me. 

Since I know that God cannot love me more, and that He doesn't need to prove anything to me, then I must be the one who needs to prove my love for Him.  So lately I have been asking Him to open my heart.  It's not Him I should have issues with when I don't get my heart's desire, it's me.  I need to change.  So recently, I have been asking Him to open my hardened heart to be submissive to His will. 

He wants my  heart to belong only to Him and for it to be a natural heart, not a stony heart.

I ask you Lord to take away my hardened heart and give me a natural heart.  I know only then that my joy will be full.  I know then my joy will have no end.  I will know by this joy that I have arrived at the place in my spiritual journey where my Father will say "Well done good and faithful servant."  In His will is my peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment