Friday, November 12, 2010

Trusting Him

I wonder why it is so hard to trust God with my  life when He has proved over and over again how He will take care of me?  I was lying in bed this morning and looking at my curtains.  When I moved into this old house, I needed curtains, so I went to Walmart, and there were sets and sets of table cloths on sale, perfect for curtains.   Since this is an old old house, I bought several lace ones for the living room and dining room, and for my bedroom I found the perfect color of green to match my bed spread, for my office, I bought sheets.  For my kitchen, I wanted gingham, so got different colors of fabric, also on sale, for each window.  Everything probably came to under $20.  Now if I went today to look for them, there would be none because the timing isn't there. God knew the timing.  He had the perfect color, style, price for me back then in 2009.  So why do I doubt?  I think it's the same sin Adam and Eve suffered with-- wanting to be in control, do it my way, figure out my life on my terms.  So what is the lesson here?  I need to sit back in the easy chair God has provided, and let Him lead me.  His way is easy.  Why am I so stubborn?  Thank you Lord for never giving up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment