Wednesday, November 3, 2010

No set time in God's plan

Since Jesus took his walk to the cross one step at a time, and His Father did not feel a need to time Him, so too I must get into the mind set of not looking to see how long a difficult situation will last.  Like St. Monica and her prayers for her son Augustine-- she prayed for 15 years that her son would return to the Lord, and when he did, he became one of the greatest saints of all time.  So, St. Monica, pray for me that I will finally stop looking at the length of time it takes for the difficulties in life to resolve.  I will only look to the Lord for comfort and peace, and let Him lead me to the best resolution possible.  "In His will is my peace."

1 comment:

  1. I love this! It puts 'stop and smell the roses' to shame! Thanks, I needed to hear that Clarice. Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete