Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Disneyland Trip at 63

I suppose going to Disneyland at 63 is like going to live in an old folks home at 16.  Isn't done much.  However, when you have kids, and you like them, you want to spend time with them, no matter what!  So, now I sit here with sore knees from 3 days of walking, swollen ankles caused by too much cheese popcorn, and a decision to go on another diet.  THIS TIME I MEAN IT!

You know how God talks to us through music?  He talked to us through the stars last night in the car on the way home.  At about 10 p.m., just as we were about at the Oregon border, we looked up to see the Big Dipper.  It was clearly visible through the windshield high in the sky.  It led us home.  Then, just as I was being amazed at that sight, the song "Homeward Bound" by Simon and Garfunkel came on the radio.  Thank you God for being with me, even when I don't recognize it. 

It was awesome watching Ken enjoy himself in Disneyland.  Seven years ago, I was blessed by this with Dan.  It is amazing to see them get lost in the magic that Walt created.  To watch your children have joy in an often hostile world in itself is magical.

Jesus loves His children so much.  We are His children!  Thank you Lord for letting us all go back again to being your kids here on earth at Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment